Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year


As 2008 draws to a close, I am taking a few minutes to reflect on things. I took on many new adventures this year which kept me quite active and left very little time for boredom. I have learned that life is way to short to worry about the little things and am trying to live each day as a new adventure. I have spent many fun filled adventures with Paul, Margaret, Gene, and the Sam Grow band. It has been so much fun "hanging out" with my friends again. We lost Apollo on 18 January and still mourn him today but for every dark moment a bright light is also cast. In September we added Shelby a giant Maso to our family. She is pure joy. Her antics keep us laughing for hours. Burger is getting around as good as can be expected for a dog her age but we are confident that she is living her life to the fullest. Simon is still my spoiled baby and is equally annoyed and excited by the new addition.


If I have any regrets..which I try not too...it is that I have not spent enough time with my family. We all live such busy lives and the distance makes it very hard to see each other regularly.
I have several friends that are serving overseas in areas such as Afghanistan and Iraq and pray for their safe return. Without their selfless service, I would not have the freedoms that I so much enjoy. I try to remind myself each day that if not for our Soldiers we could not say and do the things we take for granted. I am truly blessed by working for an Agency that understands the importance of our Soldiers and strives to ensure that they are taken care of in a manner befitting their sacrifices.


I am looking forward to 2009 on so many levels but most of all I am praying for the health and happiness of my friends and family.


So in closing,


Wishing you peace and happiness in 2009


Love,


vicki


No comments:

Post a Comment