Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Winter of my Discontent!


Wow....the winter of 2009 has certainly been an eventful one for the Donaldson household. Paul was officially laid off the first week of January and has not been able to find work since. He has kept busy doing many of the projects around the house but the age old story of when you have time you don't have money is so true.


I have been very sick since my birthday in January and can honestly say that pancreatitis and gall stones are no fun! The next time someone tells you that gallbladder problems are the worst pain every..believe them! I have been in a liquid/bland food restriction since the last week of January. I have discovered that I can be neither bulimic or anorexic!.. I hate to throwup and going without food just pisses you off! I have decided to solve the worlds problems I am going to give everyone a sandwich..then people will be happy!


The puppy children are fantastic as usual and big baby Shelby will be 7 months old on the 3rd of March. She is growing by leaps and bounds and weighs in at about 100lbs. She is such a character and is as spoiled as the other two. Simon still tolerates his annoying little sister and we try to give him a break for her every now and again. Burger is getting older by the day and we are just trying to let her live what time she has left with dignity and without pain. It breaks my heart to see how much she has aged and how much weight she has lost but so far she is not in any pain!


I am looking forward to the spring so that I can regain control of my yard. Apparently my flowers and hedges are quite the tasty salad bar for the many deer in my yard. In addition, the moles have returned with a vengeance...No plant is safe in my yard.


I am still hanging with my friends just about every weekend and we are starting to plan our next goofy adventure!


So in closing, I wish everyone sunshine, happiness, and love!


vicki


No comments:

Post a Comment